Monday, April 19, 2010
Sometimes people need to think before speaking
As I signed onto my Facebook last night, I clicked on a new event invitation that I had received. As I opened it I saw that it was an invite to "To Write Love on Her Arms" day. TWLOHA is an organization started to help individuals with addictions, depression, and other destructive habits such as cutting. As I began to read the comments being posted on the wall I was completely shocked by the ridiculously harsh and calloused comments that people were leaving about this group. It must be said that I have known about TWLOHA for years now and have never become an advocate by any means but these people were crossing a line on a simple human level. While I am sure that this organization has its problems since all organizations do, but that does not warrant comments such as "this is the most retardedest waste of an event request ever" or "I say F*** this group just protest to make legislation pass a bill making self mutilation ILLEGAL! so these p****** wont carve s*** in their arms." Who in their right mind who has any kind of decency or a heart of any kind or size would say these things about an organization that is trying to help hurting people. Again, I am not certain of all of the details of this particular organization, but from what I have seen from this group, they are concerned with helping people. Why would these idiot feel the need to open their mouths in such a vulgar and disgusting way. Do people not think before they speak?? Ignorant and self-absorbed people who cannot put themselves aside to help people are possibly the lowest form of human existence, and it completely disgusts me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment