

As a soon to be college graduate, this cartoon rings all too true. The job market continues to decline along with Wall Street, the housing market, the price of the dollar, and my hopes and dreams. When I came into college three years ago I thought I would have no trouble finding a job upon graduation, so I essentially put all my eggs in one basket, media experience. And now with the recent turmoil in the journalism field I am left with a great deal of media experience in a field that is shrinking rather than expanding.
By Daryl Cagle at MSNBC.com, this cartoon is very true and entertaining. Google is taking over the world. Every time I sign into my gmail account it is as if Google has conquered another faction of the Internet or the world to set up its plan for master manipulation. Don't get me wrong. I love Google and all the simplicities and luxuries that it offers me from checking my e-mail to writing a research paper, but it is seemingly becoming a runaway company that continues to increase in size as Uncle Sam and the world try to wade through the smoke.
Nate Beeler of the Washington Examiner penned this clever blog about the recent Toyota call back scandal. I love Toyotas and have driven one for years, but the recent problems constantly being uncovered in the news are outrageous, but now will be investigated and discover by NASA (ha!). The two companies have recently teamed up to create a software probe that will diagnose other problems which plague Toyotas cars in an attempt to save the company. But what does NASA have to do with the automobile industry? The answer is outlined clearly in this cartoon.



No comments:
Post a Comment