Thursday, April 29, 2010

A final farewell

Graduation. A time for nostalgia, memories, celebration, and paranoia for what's coming next. And it hasn't really hit me yet. I just got home from the last class I will ever attend in college as an undergrad, and I can't seem to make that fact sink in. Graduation. There's such a finality to it. We're about to graduate. Graduate to what? What's next? A job? Life? The real world? (duhduhdunnnnnn). But as I look back at the past three years of my college career I feel like I'm leaving my home behind. Statesboro sucks. Every student at Georgia Southern knows and appreciates this fact, but we love this place just the same. And in a little over a week I will be sitting in Paulson Stadium for the last time as a student at GSU. It almost feels as if I'm losing part of a family or part of my identity. That's what's so funny about memories and nostalgia, it always makes it feel like we lost something or times were better back then. I find myself remembering freshman year with a smile on my face, but if I really think about it I didn't love it all that much when I was going through it. The social part was great, but there was this little annoying thing called class that I wasn't a huge fan of. But to spare you all the sappy memories and stories I will end here with my happy face on. I'm not quite ready for this goodbye yet.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment