Thursday, April 22, 2010

Me for hire

In all honesty, I am a pretty cool kid. I rock my Keds while bouncing along with my jazzy iPod and bee-bop swagger. I'm a journalist at heart, and a caring person to the core. I care about people and the world. I'm passionate about who I am, who I meet, and what I love. When a job needs to be done, I do it with a smile on my face and a skip in my step. You'll never see me on the bad side of a story, cause I'm a good girl through and through. I have heart, and I have spunk. When I don't know what else to do, I turn to the Avett Brothers for my inspiration. There is never a story to big or too hard for me to cover. Challenges are my best friends and worst enemies to be sure. Honesty, integrity and courage are what I strive towards in all situations. If I don't know the answer, I won't lie and pretend that I do. I'll go find it, no matter what that requires. Some would call me intense, some have called me intimidating, but to me, I'm just a girl with a pen and some paper with a dream for a better world. Maybe I won't make a difference, like some of the greats that have come and gone in this field, but I'll try with all that I have to make an impact, no matter how small. I'm a determined person, with a strong opinion that needs to be shared. And for me, that's good enough. I've lived a little, laughed a lot, and experienced the world at its best. The media is not what it should be, it's not even what it could be, but hopefully, with a little help from a lot of people like me we can change what it will be.
If you want to know why you should hire me, I have this to say. I might not be all you want, but experience and skills can be gained but integrity and personality can't be learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment