Missed a few weeks. Oops. But this week was a rather interesting week. Even though the topic wasn't politics, it had political anything in the title. That brings out differing opinions and heated feelings. As I told one of my classmates the subject of my blog spit back with, "Oh God. You're one of those."
This was my lesson for the week. Stereotypes. Everyone knows what they are and use them on a daily basis. And more than that, we all fit into our own stereotypes. However, no one fits the mold of that stereotype. In this particular case, I did not fit the stereotype that my classmate so quickly cast me into. I simply found the topic (socialistic tendencies rising in the American government, for those of you who forgot) to be of interest to me, so I presented on it. I am not, to date, educated enough on socialism or every action taken by our government to formulate my opinion. That was part of the reason I presented on this, to become informed. So, after a little thought, I began to resent the comment by my colleague.
Moral of the story-Don't be too quick to write people off. You just might learn something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment