Monday, February 1, 2010

Statesboro's Noise



This past weekend I spent 3 days in bed drugged up on every over-the-counter cold medication on the market. As I lay in bed Saturday night, about to give in to the Nyquill P.M. I had gulped down minutes before I hear this loud and obnoxious noise coming from the general vicinity of my neighbor's driveway. As I listen a little harder I then realize that the noise I am hearing is a tablesaw. I sit up in my bed and look at the clock, thinking I must have read it wrong 5 minutes ago when I thought it said 12:30 a.m. However, after I readjust my vision to see the little number lit up on the clock I realize I am not mistaken and my neighbors are legitimately using a table saw at midnight. So I ignore this sound for a solid ten minutes and it eventually goes away. After I get over my extremeannoyance and attempt to return to my cold medicine induced slumber I hear yet another noise from my neighbors driveway. Except this time the noise is louder, sharper, and more obnoxious. As I listen closer I realize that the noise this time is not the sound of an annoying table saw, but rather an axe that my neighbor is using to chop wood for his fire. As I stumble around to find my computer at 1 a.m. on Saturday night the only thing I can think is, "Who on earth do I call to get these idiots to shut up?" That is when I stumbled upon Statesboro's noise ordinance. 






2 comments:

  1. Question is... Did you report them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was googling the Statesboro Police Department the Nyquil kicked in and I didn't care anymore!!

    ReplyDelete