I will admit that when John McCain first picked Sarah Palin as his running mate for the 2008 election that I was slightly obsessed with her. I thought, "finally, someone who knows what they're talking about but isn't a politician!" However, almost 2 years later I can't say that I am still as enamored with her position. She isn't a politician, a trait that fascinated and excited me at first, but I know realize this can and will inevitably be her downfall.
While Obama has done his share of inappropriate mudslinging in the direction of the Palin family, Sarah Palin needs to learn when and where to make accusations and assumptions about the other party. Simply spouting off at the mouth whenever she deems appropriate is not a trait that I want in my next president. The next time she decides to criticize the president of the United States for his habitual use of a teleprompter, she needs to make sure that she doesn't have the notes written on her hand. In my opinion, Palin is now the idiot of the Republican party; the Joe Biden if you will (which is only fitting considering they ran against each other). Everytime Sarah Palin gets up to speak now I cringe up because I know she's going to say something else that makes the party look foolish. I am now beginning to agree with Jonathon Capehart of the Washington Post, "'The lady is good' but Sarah Palin isn't ready to be president."

I am not a Republican, but I was originally intrigued by Sarah Palin because she governed my home state and doesn't look like the stereotypical politician.
ReplyDeleteThen, of course, she started talking.
I really wanted to end the comment there, but I also have to say that it's okay to try to relate to the everyday person, but I just don't think she entirely knows what she's doing over half the time. And I think the time she's spent thrown into the spotlight has harmed her future political career unless she takes a hiatus and comes back completely different.