Monday, January 25, 2010

Week One

I learned several things from this week's classes and assignments. One would most undeniably be that I do not work well without instructions explicitly spelled out to the letter. I don't like it, and I can't handle it. I obsess over whether my work will be what the teacher is looking for, and almost have an anxiety attack thinking the teacher, along with the participation from my peers, is going to look at me as if I royally butchered the project and boo my back to my seat. Which leads to my second bit of knowledge, well really rather an enforcement of things I already knew about myself, that I learned this week.

I am absolutely horrified of presentations. My hands get sweaty, I talk too fast, and I normally do not convey my point very eloquently. I go up to the podium with one thing in mind; sitting back down as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Third, I have learned that everyone thinks that what they think is interesting is just as interesting to everyone else in the world. Just in case you were wondering, it's probably not, UNLESS you are enlightening the class about a man who once proclaimed himself Emperor of San Francisco. Now that was entertaining.

Fourth, Facebook is going to ruin this generation. If there is a computer in front of me, I will logon to Facebook and stay logged on until the computer is no longer in front of me. As I type, Facebook is the first tab on my browser. Why? Because I signed on immediately when I turned on my computer. Students cannot function without statues updates, wall posts, and photo comments. It's really quite sad.

Fifth, I don't think I am a huge fan of the weekly presentations for this class (refer back to #2 for reasoning).

2 comments:

  1. This is the Communication Arts department; it's our job to make sure you know how to communicate.

    ReplyDelete