While I do consider myself to be considerably interested and somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to politics, I do not wear a party sticker or subscribe to one particle political doctrine, whether it be Republican, Democrat, or Independent. I believe in what I believe in.
I agree with bits and pieces from each side of the fence on some issues while and I disagree with both sides entirely on other subjects. I then use these similarities and differences to form my own opinion which I then in turn use to vote, as many well educated and in-tune Americans did over a year ago at the polls, at least that's what we all hope. Whether I agree with his causes and doctrines or even his presence in office, Barack Obama is the 44th president of the United States and will be for at least three more years. However, if his first year in office is indicative as to his next three, I think I'll go ahead and buy my way out now.
The disaster left behind by the Bush administration is not to be forgotten, however, the way to get out of debt is to not pile on trillions of dollars of more debt. Likewise, the solution to failing companies due to corporate blunders is not to take hard earned tax payer money and throw it at the problem, but rather let capitalism takes its course and allow the broken to either build itself back or fall under the pressure.
According to the United States Department of Labor, the unemployment rate in December was 2.6 percent higher than it had been a year prior.
National debt has risen to levels unseen since World War II and currently rests at $12 trillion. While some decide to throw all the blame on the Bush administration, while it does deserve a fair share of it, it is not the sole reason for the current debt crisis. Bank bailouts. Loan company bailouts. Automotive bailout. And all the while the American people are going through one of the worst economic downturns since the Great Depression, and Obama chooses to bailout Fortune 500 companies who continue to pay their higher ups more and more money with every tax payer provided loan. It's disgusting.
And as if that wasn't enough, Obama decides to continue to exploit these tax dollars by flying to Copenhagen to place a bid for the 2016 Olympics to take place in Chicago.
And as if Obama's "change" had not gone far enough, he lifted the ban on federal money being used for stem cell research and endorsed a healthcare bill that would require Americans to have healthcare coverage as well as fund abortions. When did the "land of the free" decide to start forcing government mandates on its citizens?
Obama then took his arrogance to the next level when he began to grovel at the feet of other countries and is consequently bestowed with the honor of receiving the Nobel Peace Prize. And just a few weeks after this, he increases the military presence in Iraq, something he said he would not do during his campaign.
For many, Obama has been a picture of hope and change, but in my opinion, Barack Obama has accomplished nothing but outrage and depression since his election.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

About two weeks ago he chewed out those bailed out companies for their disgusting behavior and demanded they adhere to the contract agreement they signed with the American people.
ReplyDeleteHe wanted the Olympics in Chicago hoping to boost their economy, and potentially of ours, with the money it could generate in restoration and tourism that it would attract. But he lost the bid so there was money lost.
I don't really see anything wrong with providing health care to every American citizen or with stem cell research and abortion . . . personally.
And what groveling did he do? You his being polite and adhering to the respectful greetings of other cultures? Something other U.S. leaders have failed to do and have subsequently gotten our nation black listed by potential allies?
But yeah, I am curious about the increased military presence in Iraq.